Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Embossing, Glitter,Ink and Shimmer Mist....oh my!

This week's challenge over at For Fun is to create a card using the dry embossing method. I used one of the fabulous folders from Cuttlebug as my background, some kraft paper from SU and went from there. I cut out a snowflake on my Cricut using the amazing "Make the Cut" software and a free SVG file that I found out there in the world wid web somewhere and then inked it using Van Dyke Brown from the The Vick Bartock Collection line of inks ( I think they are no longer available...sorry). I spritzed it with some Autum Leaves Glimmer Mist from Tattered Angels. I sponged up the background with some SU Close to Cocoa and Blue Brocade and added another spritz of gold Shimmer Mist. I added a punched snowflake from MS and sprinkled some blue glitter on it for that added magical snowflake sparkle. The sentiment is computer generated and attached using some copper brads. There ya have it! A REALLY different kind of holiday card for me but I like it a lot. Wish you could see the shimmer mist in the light...pretty! Make sure you check out For Fun Challenges to see what the other ladies came up with and thanks for stopping by!

6 Comments from my friends:

CraftinGranny said...

Oh wow GF - you really put a lot of effort into this one and I love the colors. Great job on the challenge this week. "Hugs" Carol

Tracey said...

Hi Lisa, what a fantastic card - the sponged & glimmer misted background looks stunning :)

Hope you're having a great week!
Hugs
Tracey
xx

Violets Corner said...

Fantastic card Lisa! It's brilliant, love it.

Hugs
Maarit

Helen Dooley said...

Love the card.! Great colors. Thanks!

otomys said...

Stunning card, Lisa. The colours are beautiful and the background is so lovely. Great job!
Amelia x

Cheryl said...

Wow - this is gorgeous! I love that snowflake and the BG.

Post a Comment