Wednesday, October 27, 2010

A Challenge Just For Fun

This week's challenge over at For Fun Challenges is to create a Halloween card using any of your favorite Halloween colors except orange. At first I though this would be a tough one but I though on it a while...it's not difficult at all! I made a card for this challenge using shades of black, gray, white and red. The spider web and spider are from Cricut's mini cartridge October 31st. It's soooo cool! Lots of really spooky images. For the word "Boo" I painted some chipboard and then melted some empossing powder right over the paint then randomly glued on some glitter. The drippy blood is red velvet and punched out with a Martha Stewart border punch. I added some black tulle ribbon with some awesome little metal roses and there you have it....my non-orange Halloween card! Make sure you hop on over to For Fun Challenges to see what the other ladies came up with. Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 Comments from my friends:

CraftinGranny said...

This one is a real knockout Lisa!!! Love the red, black and white combo and the LO is fantastic. Haven't figured out how to cut chipboard on the cricut yet. You giving lessons? That BOO is awesome! Hope to see you tomorrow. Conley's coming down with me so we'd have time to do lunch if you can get away. "Hugs" Carol

otomys said...

This is a "WOW" card, Lisa. The spider web and little ghosts are sooo cute. Great job!
Amelia x

Pauline said...

WOW, Lisa.... this ROCKS! Must be the spookiest card I've seen this season! The colours are so striking... at first I thought the key was an axe! Yikes! I love the metal roses, too.... this is so gothic.... love it!
hugs and BOO!
Pauline

Kym Weber said...

Wowzer, Lisa! This is spectacular! Absolutley love the black, red and gray combination! The detailing is fabulous! Awesome job!

~Hugs~Kym

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

This is spooky and yet FUN! Love it!
Thanks for your lovely comment for my blog! : )

Barbara Colbert said...

This is CUTE and fun!!! Nice job!!!! Thanks for you lovely comment on my blog! Appreciate your stopping by!!!

Post a Comment